James Dean was one of the most iconic male celebrities in Hollywood. For many people in 1950’s and in the later years, James is one piece of American film they will always remember. Even he’s gone early, his iconic style, especially his haircut has not fade away. His hairstyle became prominent as seen in his movies.
Up until today, men from across the world still want to get some James Dean’s look by copying his hairstyle. Unlike other neat and clean shaven haircut, James Dean used to wear his hair a little bit longer, making way for his slightly wavy hair.
Do you want the same look? Let’s see how you’ll rock this form.
More About James Dean Hairstyle
Here are some features you need to know more about James Dean hairstyle:
- This is a very versatile hairstyle. Men of all ages and profession can wear this haircut. Why? This is because it complements the shape of your face.
- It also creates an angular imagery on your hair, highlighting the volume you need, especially when you have thinner hair.
- This style is suited for men with wavy hair as it is easy to style. You just need some pomade or gel to hold it in place.
- This haircut is for men of all ages. Whether you’re a young pro or gracefully rocking at your fifties, you won’t go wrong with this hairstyle. This is something that never goes out of age and trend – just like James Dean.
Styling the James Dean Look: Hair Tutorial
- Wash and air dry your hair.
- Apply a small amount of pomade or hairstyling gel on, slightly more amount on the top layers.
- Comb your hair towards the direction of the back of your head. Slightly comb the top layer upward to gain more volume.
Lastly, put on your leather jacket and rock your James Dean’s style.
Achieve this haircut
Here are some couple of reminders if you’re planning to style your next haircut like James Dean. First, you need to keep your locks a little bit longer. Like two inches to tow and a half on the top and an inch at the edges. This will help you achieve the volume that this hairstyle creates.
The edges of the hair is not well trimmed or razor shaven. It’s left tousled and only combed to keep in place. The top layer is either well combed slightly upward or left tousled on easy and comfy days.