Rapper-songwriter Lil Pump has been known for his eccentric hairstyles throughout his career. The American-based persona has constantly brought the heat to his image, rocking dreadlocks and multicolored styles on a daily basis –a breath of fresh air to the industry.
Perhaps the more obvious common denominator would be Lil Pump’s all-time favorite use of the dreads. Throughout his rapping career, Lil Pump has been known to sport dreadlocks in a variety of ways. The rapper first went through a pretty generic stage to dreadlocks at first, as most people do when they first grow out. Lil Pump could be seen sporting brown, lighter and shorter locks when he first was introduced into the rapping scene, perhaps one of his more casual do’s throughout his time in the limelight.
- If you’re feeling inspired by Lil Pump’s unique beaded hairstyle, there’s a few ways you can replicate it! First and foremost, it is a common fact that African hair is much thicker; so if you have thinner hair, get some hair beads and thread your dreadlocks strand by strand into each one! This helps get your locks thicker and much more neater when it’s in the midst of locking.
- It’s probably worth the mention as well that dreadlocked hair can be damaged and stand a chance to fall out furthermore if it’s subjected to chemical treatment. If you want to follow Lil Pump’s footsteps to dye your hair, it is important to make sure that your conditioner contains abilities such as ‘moisture-locking’ and milder chemicals to prevent further hair fall.
- Lil Pump is famous for his green and red color dye -simultaneous with Gucci’s official colors. Purchase your favorite shade of green and red and make sure to alternate between dying the two. Another tip would also be to start using black rubber bands to hold your locks in place and maintain the frizz to a minimum.
Short and Thick
- Many revered hairstylists have also commended Lil Pump on the healthiness of his hair. This can be done through something known as ‘interlocking’ the dreadlocks when putting them in. Interlocking is done by knotting the roots and ends of your hair, which gives it more volume and allows for much healthier and thicker hair growth.
- Another way of increasing thickness would be the 2 strand method. This is done by taking 2 strands of locks in your hair and twisting so it gives the illusion of much fuller locks at the end of the day. Keep these 2 strands in place for 6-8 months, re-twist it with a gel solution every once a month to maintain shine, and you’ll be on your way to a Lil Pump inspired hairstyle!