Talk about interesting haircut in NFL? You’ll probably think of one person – Odell Backham Jr. his half-blond, half-black, half-thick and half-shaved hairstyle is taking the new hairstyle trend nowadays. It’s fun, playful, and full of character. If you want to stand out with your curly hair, you have to try Odell Backham Jr’s style.
The NY Giants’ player hair is a combination of short blond dread locks with undercut base. What makes his style more interesting is that he keeps growing his beard in black shade. So it seems like the hair on his head is two-dimensional.
Maybe it’s more of self-expression or brand that he carries in himself. Since he’s the only player wearing this style, you’ll immediately see him and identify him as Odell Backham Jr.
Let’s discuss how he rocks this hairstyle and how you can also try this.
Features of Odell Backham Jr.’s hairstyle
- It shows of your personality. This haircut is for men who want their personality to surface in all occasions. This hairstyle is not for the shy types. It’s for those men who will willingly talk about what it is all about and how they feel. Are you this kind of man?
- It may take a little maintenance. Dreaded locks require different cleaning unlike the wash and wear short hairstyles. There are salon prescribed oils for such hairstyles.
- The edges grow. This is another feature you need to consider. As you can see, the edges are nicely shaved. Weeks after and you will see some patches beginning to grow back. You need to maintain this part by shaving it back. It’s not that hard but you also have to mind the locks over it.
- Coloring is life. You don’t need to stick with the blonde shade like Odell Backham Jr. You can experiment yourself if you want livelier or more colorful top layers.
How to style like Odell Backham Jr?
- First you have to grow you hair longer to prepare for the dread locks.
- The base is shaved to highlight the top layers. For maintenance, check for uneven patches after weeks and shave it according to the initial pattern.
- Dread locks are cleaned and maintained as well. Essential cleaning solutions are available for this type of hair. They grow a little bit slower so you don’t have to cut them. Visit the salon for the touch ups.
Hairstyles like Odell Backham Jr. is all about showing off your personality and style, just like a new brand.